Monday, August 8, 2011

A Statement of Purpose

I was a late bloomer when it came to fitness. I never considered myself athletic. I didn't play any sports. I was completely uncoordinated and completely out of touch with my body. When I decided to get in shape, I had no idea where to begin. I signed up for a gym, and I met a few very supportive people who helped teach me the basics of weight lifting and nutrition.

Without their help, I probably would have gotten discouraged, lost interest, and eventually fallen back into my old, unhealthy routines. But because they were there for me, fitness is now an important part of my life. I enjoy walking into the gym every day. I have more confidence than I ever have in my life. I look better, and I sleep better, too.

What I want is to provide that kind of support and education for people who don't know where to begin. If you're a fitness beginner, you probably already know that gyms and communities aren't always very welcoming to people who are just starting out. Worse, the fitness industry capitalizes on the insecurities and uncertainties of people looking to improve themselves, selling them gear and supplements that often range from useless to downright harmful.

Cut The Crap isn't just about cleaning up your diet and lifestyle. It's about spotlighting the lies and misinformation that the fitness industry perpetuates. It's about making an educated, healthy, and fun fitness journey possible to anyone and everyone who wants to improve themselves. It's about giving back to a hobby that changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment